It is extremely important that we pay attention to the consumption of nutritionally rich and quality meals. With a lack of movement, we need to make sure that our meals are lighter, but also contain all the nutrients we need to function normally throughout the day. If you don’t have an idea what to make for lunch, try this recipe out. This simple green lentils potato soup is delicious and nutritious.
Also read: Omelet with spinach
- 700g of potatoes
- 150g lentils
- 100g onions
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 150ml cooking cream (10% wt.)
- 700 ml of water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Spices as needed – vegetables, turmeric, marjoram, basil, pepper, ginger powder.
- A little seed to sprinkle on top
- Prepare the vegetables – cut the potatoes into cubes, finely chop the onions and garlic, wash the lentils under a stream of water.
- Let the pot in which you are about to cook the soup gently heat on the stove for about half a minute. When heated, add oil and chopped onion and garlic to it. Leave it to lightly fry for a minute or two until it turns yellow.
- Add everything else – potatoes, lentil and pour it all over with water. Water must cover all the vegetables in the pot. Let it cook over low heat, covered, about 30 minutes. The lentils are cooked slightly longer than the potatoes, so try to make sure they are softened. Add more water while cooking if needed.
- When everything has softened it is time to mix. With a stick mixer, mix everything well (you can use a blender) then return everything to the heat, add the cooking cream, spices and cook for another minute or two.
- Put on some nice decoration, toasted drip seeds with a little oil, chopped parsley or a few leaves of parsley and serve.