This red risotto smells like the Mediterranean. Delicious, simple, with the food that everyone has in their kitchen, the recipe is below.
Whether integral, white, long or round grain, rice has always been and will be healthy and delicious food. At least once a week she should be on the menu. It must be cooked “al dente”.
Also read: Chicken and vegetable casserole
Nutritional value per serving:
- 254 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 37.9g
- Fat: 6.3g
- Protein: 8,8g
Ingredients for 5 servings:
- 200g integral or long grain rice
- 100g red onion
- 40 g of tomato concentrate
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 350 ml of water
- 100g of smoked ham or ham
- 10g of oil
- 15g starch flour
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (or 1 teaspoon of garlic powder)
- dried rosemary, bay leaf, basil, or a mixture of Mediterranean spices
- salt, pepper, Vegeta
- parmesan, fresh spices
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package and strain it.
- Heat the pot over low heat, put in the oil and then season with a mixture of Mediterranean spices, or add the bay leaf, basil and rosemary individually, stirring for half a minute to a minute, until they are tender.
- Then add the onion, ham/prosciutto and garlic, let it fry gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the tomato concentrate with some water and sugar. You can only add this mixture to the pot when the onion is lightly browned. Stir everything well again and cover, let it cook for 1-2 minutes and put in the cooked rice.
- It only takes a short cooking time of about 10-15 minutes to connect the rice to the liquid and soak up the ingredients. If necessary, thicken it with a little butter (starch flour) and 50 ml of water to give a smooth, creamy texture.
- Serve and top with some Parmesan cheese as desired.
Irena is a dentist from Croatia, working extensively in her field, but she also has a high interest in the fields of fitness, nutrition and medicine in general. She has been educating herself about how to lead a healthy lifestyle for years. She seeks to help people adopt healthy habits as well as healthy and positive thinking about life. In her spare time, she hikes, runs, plays saxophone and guitar, and develops her own websites – Salubrius Vita and GoalDigger. Her life motto is: When they expect a lot from you, you do even more.