Peanut butter and vegetable pasta is a simple, delicious and modern dish. It is suitable for vegans and vegetarians, but feel free to add chicken, mushrooms, and other vegetables to enrich it even more. The total amount of this dish can be divided into 3 portions.
We don’t need to stress that vegetables and carbohydrates should be consumed. But here are some facts why you should consume peanut butter on your daily basis.
Peanut butter is full of nutrients for health, containing vitamin E, magnesium, iron and vitamin B6, and studies show that people who regularly consume nuts and peanut butter have a much lower chance of heart disease in diabetes type second
Peanuts also contain fiber, extremely useful for the smooth functioning of the gut and digestion. If you want to reduce your own risk of colon cancer as well as gallstones, we suggest introducing the famous legumes to your regular diet.
Calcium and vitamin D hidden in peanuts contribute to bone and tooth health. This prevents the risk of osteoporosis in the later years of life in the long run.
Now, let’s get back to the recipe:
Also read: Healthy muffins with banana and nuts
- 438 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 65,8 g
- Fat: 13,3 g
- Proteins: 15,8g
- 200 g pasta
- 15 g oil (coconut, sesame, olive,…)
- 100 g onion
- 15 g garlic
- 100 g fresh red pepper
- 100 g carrots
- 180 g zucchini
- 50 g parsley root
- Spices – salt, chilli as desired
- For the sauce:
- 40 g of soy sauce
- 40 g of peanut butter (choose the one pure natural without additives)
- 3-4 tablespoons of water
- Cook the pasta in salt water according to the instructions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare a wok pan or a large pot, let the pan warm slightly, insert the oil, then the garlic and peppers and let everything fry gently, add the other sliced vegetables, salt and spices then cover and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- During this time, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce and water in a separate bowl, and you will get a creamy mixture.
- While the vegetables are well inserted into the pan, insert the cooked pasta and peanut mixture, mix well so the ingredients are well combined
Irena is a dentist from Croatia, working extensively in her field, but she also has a high interest in the fields of fitness, nutrition and medicine in general. She has been educating herself about how to lead a healthy lifestyle for years. She seeks to help people adopt healthy habits as well as healthy and positive thinking about life. In her spare time, she hikes, runs, plays saxophone and guitar, and develops her own websites – Salubrius Vita and GoalDigger. Her life motto is: When they expect a lot from you, you do even more.